Quick Makeup Tips for Those on the Go!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been SUPER busy lately! With work, going back to school (for my master’s…yikes!), planning get-togethers with my friends/family (one of my New Year’s Goals because I don’t make resolutions, those get broken), etc. I have been up too late and dragging in the a.m. In order to not look like a total fruit cake at work, I have to manage to throw something on my face and work at the tired look….it’s not in style…ever. So, here are a few of my favorite quick-fix products for those mornings when I don’t have time to do a full face but want it “work ready”:
1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: from the website, “Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is a sheer, lightweight moisturizer with SPF 20 & a hint of color that can be used in place of foundation for a natural appearance while adding a healthy glow to your complexion.”
2. Chanel Professional Eye Shadow Base: (optional-only if there’s time) This is awesome with or without shadow over top. It really helps to neutralize the darkness that actually can come through on the lid of the eye like concealer does for under.
3. Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer: My all-around MUST HAVE, EVERYDAY. No questions about this one ladies! With or without a sleepless night, Bobbi concealer is something every woman should have in her makeup bag!
4. Smashbox Blush: A pop of color right on the apples of the cheeks really brightens the face. It’s an instant pick-me-up.
5. Rosebud Salve: This is the most fantastic lip balm in the world! I like the Strawberry flavor, too. I use this at night before bed and in the morning while I’m getting ready to give my lips some conditioning and a light hint of pink.
6. Dior Diorshow Iconic Mascara: Love, love, love this mascara. I love how it really gets the job done by itself or you can add Chanel’s Exceptionnel Mascara to get a bigger bang (when you aren’t running late and can spend time on 2 mascaras)!
What are your must-haves for when you’re running late? Are there things you just can’t go without? Tell us about them!