The Perfect at-Home Pedicure – Just in time for Sandal Season!
Every year when the weather gets nice and warm there is that moment when you reach for your sandals and realize that they are not ready to greet the public. Winter toes warrant neglect as you spend many months in socks and closed-toe shoes.
We want to kick-off sandal season with some easy steps to get that perfect and amazing spa-like pedicure in your own home!
1. Buff your feet while they are dry with a foot file to exfoliate the dead skin. Focus on the heels, the sides of the toes and other places that tend to get flakey.
2. Fill a bowl with warm water and soak your feet for 10 minutes.
Added bonus: Add marbles to the bottom and roll your feet over them while they soak for a massage.
Double bonus: Add an oil (olive, coconut, jojoba) to the water for extra moisture!
3. Once your feet are finished soaking, massage them to rub out any remaining dead skin cells.
Added bonus: Use an exfoliating scrub to help with this. Don’t have one? Mix brown sugar with white sugar and olive oil to make a quite DIY exfoliating foot scrub!
4. Gently push your cuticles back. If you do not have the proper tool, when your feet are still damp from the soap, gently massage the cuticle downward.
5. Cut and file your nails.
6. Use a rich, moisturizing lotion and massage it into your feet.
7. Paint your nails! Whether you’re a one-coater, a base and top coater, a clear polish or full blown nail artist – paint your nails so they are sandal ready.
We also want to say a big thank you to our awesome readers who have sent in questions for our Reader Request Series that starts next week. We have got some great questions and we can’t wait to share the answers with you! It isn’t too late to submit your hair, makeup, styling or how-to question. Just leave it in the comments box below!