This past Monday marked a very special day for us…the addition of Alecia Danielle House to the House family!! She was born in Raleigh Monday afternoon a very healthy and beautiful 7lb 10oz baby girl.
We received the high res of our cover for Southern Bride and Groom magazine today and wanted to share it with all of you who haven’t gone out to get your own copy yet. We have tons in our office if you need one so please just give us a buzz or shoot us an email with your address if you’d like us to send one your way. Southern Bride and Groom magazine is a publication that comes out twice a year and is filled with loads of organizing tips for the bride-to-be. It is a one-stop-shop for all the best vendors in the area and has great articles about everything from gown shopping to choosing your photographer, etc.
We are named throughout the magazine several times as we assisted with a few photo shoots (all done by Marthanna Yater Photography) as well as had one of our brides featured with her wedding at the Carolina Inn! There is also an article in the magazine in which we contributed and it’s definitely worth checking out. Here are a few of the photos that made it into the magazine and check out the others in our gallery (being updated tomorrow). Enjoy! Let us know what you think!
So as I had mentioned before, I have been using a Skinceuticals Retinol product starting last month at night to help smooth out my skin and combat some breakouts, uneveness, etc. Well, anyone that knows me personally knows that I sometimes tend to “over-do” the skincare stuff and well, I’ve done it again! 🙂 I moved too fast with the retinol and tried to use it every other night for a week and now my face is like a reptile! Yikes! To combat the dry, flaky skin that has taken over my otherwise super oily (greasy as I like to call it) face I have started exfoliating regularly–to get the dry skin off and stimulate those oil glands–and I’ve started using a hydrating mask 2-3 times per week. My favorites for exfoliating (caution to those with active breakouts…you do not want to use a granular substance at that time as it will spread bacteria) are Chanel’s Hydrating Gommage exfoliant as well as Murad’s AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser. I love the Clarins Hydra-Quench Masque, too as it’s gentle but super hydrating…and not adding oil.
I will be sure to update everyone on the reptile-like skin as soon as the battle is won! Have you had any similar responses to topical treatments or things in the past that you’ve found a wonder product for? We want to hear from you on what your favorite things are! Maybe someone else out there will benefit. So write us and let us know!
Just wanted to pass on a laugh, too…this is a new movie with Sandra Bullock called “The Proposal”. It looks really cute. Plus Ryan is always hot! 🙂
This weekend has been busy, busy around the Buenviaje house! Yesterday we went to Lowe’s and bought some awesome hardware for our kitchen and bathroom cabinets and Jeremy put those up lastnight. They look awesome!! We’re so excited to finally have a REAL kitchen look. 🙂 Today my awesome hubby is installing our blinds (yes, finally taking the paper ones down) and they look great. Our friends are not even going to know what hit them when they walk in and see real house stuff that we bought instead of another electronic gadget like say a flat screen tv, iphone, or new imac. (We’re MAC whores, sorry!) heheh!
Anyway, today has been all business for me as I’ve been surfing the net finding some awesome sites for all you wedding and makeup junkies out there. Specifically, these sites have been about the bride-to-be. I have found some great sites that are well worth your click. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Princess Lasertron’s Blog –She’s by far one of the most coolest wedding vendors out there. She offers alternative options for real flower bouquets and has a lot of even more awesome ideas for off-beat or different styled soirees. Here’s a picture from her blog that shows one of her felt and button bouquets. I can’t wait to see what she does next!
2. Weddingbee and Weddingbee PRO — These are two sites that I think you’ll enjoy if you’re searching for other people’s insight/trials/tribulations/successes, etc. while planning their wedding. The first is a site for brides and people that like to blog about what’s been happening as they try different vendors or find new and innovative ways to make things happen with their wedding planning. The second is strictly for Wedding Professionals (like us) to go on and talk about their inspirations, weddings they’re working on, and ideas for brides and others alike. By using them both you should be able to make some great connections or at least get some good ideas.
3. Offbeat Bride — This is a site that is for, well, the “offbeat bride”. Someone who doesn’t want to have everything seen in Brides magazing or look exactly like everyone else’s get-together. This is an awesome blog (and book) about options and off-the-cuff suggestions to make your wedding unique from the millions of others. Plus, it’s just so much fun!
We know that you do a lot of web surfing while planning out your wedding, too. What kinds of things are you finding? Let us know what you like looking at and what could help some of our other brides in planning their big day! We look forward to hearing from you!
Have a great Sunday! (off now to go bowling for a fun-filled 5 year old birthday party!)
I just received an e-newsletter from Allure magazine and while most of the info I skim over I found some of the products as “Best Beauty Buys” rather good. We have used a lot of these in the past a few I’m going to grab to try out this week.
I love that they listed the Sublimage eye cream from Chanel as their number 1 splurge since I just blogged about that last week! It’s amazing! Just thought I’d share!
Also, I’m attaching the Allure Beauty tips of the month in case other makeup junkies (like us) out there want to know! Enjoy!
If you’ve applied too much mineral foundation, dab a tiny bit of moisturizer on your fingers, press them together, then gently pat—don’t rub—the pads of your fingers on those areas. This will remove the excess without smearing your makeup.
When testing a nail color, using a small amount is useless—always brush on two coats so you can see how the finished product will look.
If you have fine hair and you want to create waves, apply mousse and let it dry naturally. If your hair is pin-straight, add mousse, then wrap it into a bun while it dries.
- Chanel Précision Sublimage Eye Essential Regenerating Eye Cream
- $175, Nordstrom (nordstrom.com), Barneys New York (barneys.com), Saks Fifth Avenue (saks.com), Dillard’s (dillards.com), Bergdorf Goodman (bergdorfgoodman.com); chanel.com
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer
- $68, Saks Fifth Avenue (877-551-7257), Neiman Marcus (neimanmarcus.com), Bergdorf Goodman (800-558-1855)
- Jo Malone Vitamin E Body Treatment Scrub
- $75, select Saks Fifth Avenue stores (saks.com), Neiman Marcus (neimanmarcus.com); jomalone.com
- La Mer The Body Crème
- $195, Saks Fifth Avenue (saks.com), Bergdorf Goodman (bergdorfgoodman.com), Neiman Marcus (neimanmarcus.com), lamer.com
- Prevage Body Total Transforming Anti-Aging Moisturizer
- $135, Saks Fifth Avenue (877-612-7257), Macy’s, (macys.com), Sephora (sephora.com); elizabetharden.com
- Pureology Nanoworks Condition
- $50, pureology.com
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair Moisture Velvet Hair Nourishing Treatment
- $60, select salons; shuuemura-usa.com
We hope you’re enjoying the snowy weather in Central NC! It was a very nice surprise this morning to wake up to and be able to stay in and watch the inauguration. We hope you are able to watch history being made today, democrat, republican, independent, etc. Today, we are all just Americans!
Have a wonderful wintry day!
Most of my Sunday has been spent planning our new home office space. So many decisions to make on paint, desks, storage, etc.! I have a feeling this is going to be as in depth as planning a dinner rehearsal. 🙂
Once all is done I will post pictures of the space we choose. After all, it’s where all the “magic” happens for makeupforyourday!
Also, I had a fabulous facial last week at Skin Sense Day Spa in Brier Creek. My esthetician‘s name was Patty and she was great. I did the Salicylic and Glycolic facial that was very gentle but really did the trick to jump start my skin after the holidays. I’m now using a Skinceuticals retinol cream at night that she recommended to me 2-3 times a week to help with the breakouts and uneveness. My skin is peeling a bit now (which is normal) so I’m super hydrating with Chanel’s HydraMax Creme and HydraMax Serum during the day and Sublimage at night. Of course, with any peel regimen and using a Retinol you must use a sunscreen (even in this kind of dreary weather) so I’m using my favorite sunscreen ever, the oil-free SPF 40 UV Plus from Clarins. This sunscreen rocks and is awesome with makeup. You put it over your moisturizer (just 3-4 drops in your hand) and then start your foundation next. I highly recommend it to everyone since it’s oil free and also filters out harmful free radicals that cause aging and damage to the skin.
Brides, if you’re looking to start a skin care regimen before your wedding I highly suggest going to visit an esthetician 3-4 months before your big day in order to get your skin acclimated to its new regime of products. You don’t want any unsuspecting breakouts right before your big day! Feel free to contact me or my partner Jennifer House if you have any questions you’d like to ask us about skincare products or makeup for your special day. We’re here to help!
Have a great weekend and enjoy your day off tomorrow if you’re one of the lucky ones!
We will soon have an addition to our makeupforyourday family…Alecia Danielle House! We showered the mom-to-be (again) with gifts at her baby shower in Apex yesterday. Jen is due next month but we have a bet going that Alecia may show up way before her due date. We’ll see! The winner gets diaper duty and babysitting rights for a month I think. 😉
Here is a picture of us with little Alecia not to be seen yet. Next month or before, though we’ll update you with the little one’s beautiful face!
We just got the pictures back from Chris and Nikki’s wedding in November! We had so much fun working with Nikki, her mom and bridesmaids in Chapel Hill, NC. The wedding was gorgeous, and even more so was the bride. Their ceremony was held at the Presbyterian Church on Franklin Street and the reception was in the Pope Box above the Kenan Football Stadium. Here are some pictures taken by Chris Arrington Photography of the bride and attendants.