As makeup artists and stylists we come across A LOT of products. We want to know what your must-haves are! Leave a comment via Twitter, Facebook or the comments box below and your product could be selected for a full product review on our blog.
Let us know what your traveling must-haves are!
For the skin we love The Duwop Flight stick.
This sheer coverage balm is in a universally flattering shade and has a touch of caffeine to wake skin up while also containing ingredients to combat dryness while protection and hydrating with antioxidants.
This sheer dry shampoo gives volume to freshly cleansed hair or a little more texture to “second day” old hair. We also love the way it smells.
Let us know what your purse must-haves are!
We love YSL’s Touche Eclat and MAC’s Blot Powder for highlighting, concealing, refreshing makeup and touch ups throughout the day.
Let us know what your daily must-haves are!
We love Laura Mercier’s Radiance Primer. This primer has a soft focus effect that minimizes imperfections and keeps makeup fresh and color-true.
Again, we can’t wait to hear about your
favorite products! Leave your comment via Twitter
or the comments box below and your product could be selected for a full product review on our blog!
Oxblood is the hot hue of the season. Almost anything is available in this dark burgundy shade. Leather pants, purses, trench coats, headbands, t-shirts, dresses, ankle boots and many more things. There is no surprise that it has become a hit in the makeup world as well. You can find this shade in blushes, eye shadows, lip liner, lipsticks, eyeliners, mascara and nail polish.
The great thing about oxblood makeup looks is that they are always multidimensional. They are usually paired with rich golds and deep browns, creating a very sultry look. This hue can look great for very bold high-fashion wear (see models below on the left), to red carpet wear (Kristen Stewart is seen with these kinds of smokey eyes often) and also everyday wear.
Though you may not want to wear such a bold shade on your wedding day, this shade would be great for a night out with the girls or a bachelorette party!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been SUPER busy lately! With work, going back to school (for my master’s…yikes!), planning get-togethers with my friends/family (one of my New Year’s Goals because I don’t make resolutions, those get broken), etc. I have been up too late and dragging in the a.m. In order to not look like a total fruit cake at work, I have to manage to throw something on my face and work at the tired look….it’s not in style…ever. So, here are a few of my favorite quick-fix products for those mornings when I don’t have time to do a full face but want it “work ready”:
1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: from the website, “Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is a sheer, lightweight moisturizer with SPF 20 & a hint of color that can be used in place of foundation for a natural appearance while adding a healthy glow to your complexion.”
2. Chanel Professional Eye Shadow Base: (optional-only if there’s time) This is awesome with or without shadow over top. It really helps to neutralize the darkness that actually can come through on the lid of the eye like concealer does for under.
3. Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer: My all-around MUST HAVE, EVERYDAY. No questions about this one ladies! With or without a sleepless night, Bobbi concealer is something every woman should have in her makeup bag!
4. Smashbox Blush: A pop of color right on the apples of the cheeks really brightens the face. It’s an instant pick-me-up.
5. Rosebud Salve: This is the most fantastic lip balm in the world! I like the Strawberry flavor, too. I use this at night before bed and in the morning while I’m getting ready to give my lips some conditioning and a light hint of pink.
6. Dior Diorshow Iconic Mascara: Love, love, love this mascara. I love how it really gets the job done by itself or you can add Chanel’s Exceptionnel Mascara to get a bigger bang (when you aren’t running late and can spend time on 2 mascaras)!
What are your must-haves for when you’re running late? Are there things you just can’t go without? Tell us about them!