In the fall, and at Christmas we shared some great palettes to get as gifts, to ask for as gifts.
*All products available at Sephora
At MYD we love our clients and our readers. Our Reader Request Series was really popular and we really enjoyed sharing some tips, tricks and our expertise with everyone. We wanted to remind everyone that you can ask us questions at any time.
“I am looking for a moisturizer that makes my skin glow and a serum that targets dark spots. My skin feels dull post-pregnancy. Do you have any suggestions?”
Our top two suggestions are from Clarins and Eminence.
Clarins Brightening Serum and Brightening Moisturizer evens and brightens dull skin. Sea lily extract helps to correct dark spots and pigmentation. Over time darkness fades and reveals luminous skin. All of the products in Clarins’ brightening and pigmentation line work great, but we highly suggest trying samples before committing to a full-size bottle.
Eminence has a great new line of brightening products. They are the very first organic line that offers products that can achieve comprable results to hydroquinone cream. We love this organic line, their products do not contain parabens, sulfates, synthetics dyes petrochemicals or animal byproducts. You can order these products online or in spas that carry Eminence products.
Are you a product junkie? Do you have lots of things on your wish list? Then you should look into signing up for a makeup box subscription. There are a variety of companies that offer these subscriptions and each one is unique.
1. Birchbox offers a wide variety of brands (no seriously, click that link. It will feel like you’re scrolling for days!) for $10 a month. They claim to have hand-picked only the best brands that include niche brands, long time favorites, clinical skin care lines and makeup artist approved cosmetics.
2. Ipsy offers a free membership. When you sign up you take a comprehensive (and fun) quiz about your makeup likes and dislikes, the brands you love, your skin and hair issues and your overall comfort with makeup and your willingness to try new looks. Once you complete the quiz you can sign up for their glam bags for $10 a month. Their bags contain 4-5 products in a collectable makeup bag each month.
3. What is unique about BeautyArmy is that you can hand-pick which 6 samples you would like to have sent to you. Another unique thing about this subscription is that you can skip a month anytime that you like. The cost is slightly higher at $12 a month, but the fact that you can skip months to use up last month’s samples are a bonus. Handpicking your own samples is also fun!
4. Beauty Fix is also different from Birchbox and Ipsy. Like Beauty Army you will first answer questions to create a profile. Based on your beauty profile, panellists will hand-pick a wide variety of products that you will like. From there, you choose your 8 favorite and purchase them for $49.99. That seems steep compared to the other $10 a month deals, but that price is regardless of what products and brands you snatch that can be worth that price on their own.
5. Glossy Box follows the Ipsy and Birchbox method of sending samples monthly. It is more expensive at $21 a month and offers a wide variety of brands. First you choose your “plan”, whether you like eco-friendly products or you prefer a chic, modern look, Glossy Box will send you products that will suit your preferences based off that plan.
Have you ever tried one of these? Would you consider it? This is a great way to try new things and find new products that work for you!
What are your go-to summer hairstyles – we would love to know!
Today is the last day to submit questions for our Reader Request Series that starts next week! We have got some great questions and we can’t wait to share the answers with you. It isn’t too late to submit your hair, makeup, styling or how-to question. Just leave it in the comments box below!
Every year when the weather gets nice and warm there is that moment when you reach for your sandals and realize that they are not ready to greet the public. Winter toes warrant neglect as you spend many months in socks and closed-toe shoes.
If you don’t yet follow us, or if you would like to see more of our pins, see our Pinterest boards here.
Do you have any questions about what products or tools to use to style your hair? How to keep it healthy? Let us know in the comments box below to be featured in our Reader Request Series.
For pimples a great home remedy is toothpaste. If you find Benzoyl Peroxide to be hard and drying on breakouts, or if you are using that too frequently as an overnight remedy, try toothpaste one night instead. Toothpaste helps absorb the oil and will shrink the pimple over night.
In the morning, wash your face and dab some Visine on your pimple. Visine reduces redness in eyes by shrinking blood vessels, and the same will apply to your pimple. Although it won’t last all day, dabbing some Visine on your pimple will help reduce redness for a few hours.
It seems like common knowledge that tea bags in cold water can help with puffy eyes. If you use caffeinated tea, the caffeine will shrink blood vessels which will help reduce swelling and redness. The cold temperature with also soothe and de-puff eyes. Tip: Avoid using Earl Grey tea. The oil of bergamot in this tea may cause an irritation for people with sensitive skin.
To get rid of product build up in your hair, rinse it with apple cider vinegar. ACV will also give you soft and shiny hair by sealing the hair cuticle (this is why you should not use shampoo or conditioner afterwards, instead just rinse the ACV out with cold water). And added bonus is that ACV is a natural dandruff remedy!
For dry and cracked cuticles try soaking your fingertips in warm water. Then massage olive oil on them. This will help seal in moisture, plus prevent your cuticles from becoming dry because of cold weather, hand washing and just everyday wear and tear.
Do you have a beauty question? You have the opportunity to ask whatever you want and we will ask our talented team of artists and stylists. They will answer your questions in our Reader Request series – read more about that here! And don’t forget to submit your answers in the comments box below, or via Twitter or Facebook.
We are extremely excited for our very first Reader Request Series! Be sure to let us know any beauty qualms or questions that you have and our amazing and knowledgable staff of artists and stylists can answer them for you.